Pretzels and cheesecake are a match made in heaven. I stumbled upon this recipe on Facebook and I had so many people telling me to try it out! Of course, I didn’t refuse!
Salted caramel desserts have been very popular lately, especially in the fall and winter season. This recipe boasts about the sweetness of the cheesecake and the hints of salt in the crust. These bites are perfectly sized and the recipe makes enough to share with your friends and family!
The recipe is a bit lengthy and it will take around 2 hours for the completed recipe. However, the time is totally worth it!
Salted Caramel Cheesecake Bites
For the crust:
2 cups pretzels, finely crushed
4 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
For the filling:
4 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla
For the caramel sauce:
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup water
6 tbsp of cold butter, cubed
3/4 cup heavy cream
Optional: crumbled pretzels and sea salt
1. Finely crush pretzels into a flour. Combine the pretzel flour, sugar and butter. Combine until the mixture is dough-like. Press the dough into the bottoms of a paper-lined cupcake tin. Bake for five minutes at 350F degrees.
2. Combine the cream cheese, sugar, flour, eggs, heavy cream, sour cream and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Beat the ingredients together one at a time, until all the ingredients are well combined and creamy and smooth.
3. Add the filling to the pretzel crust liners and bake for 18-23 minutes at 350F degrees. Cool the cheesecake bites, then chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
4. While the cheesecake bites chill in the fridge, you can make the sauce.
5. Boil the sugar and water in a saucepan until dark amber. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter and heavy cream. Set aside to cool.
6. Pour the cooled sauce over the cheesecake bites and top with crumbled pretzels and sea salt.
First things first, the cheesecake bites are so delicious. After sharing this recipe with my friends and family, I got many compliments on how scrumptious the dessert was. If you’re looking for a recipe to impress people, this one might be the one for you!
The cheesecake filling recipe is very yummy! However, the proportions are off. The pretzel crust recipe is enough to crust 24 cupcake papers, but there is a ton of cheesecake filling leftover after filling the liners. I didn’t want to waste the filling, so I made more pretzel crust and I crusted a 9×9 pan. Then, I poured in the remaining cheesecake filling and baked for 20 minutes at 350F degrees. This made a wonderful cheesecake that was easily cut into slices.
The caramel recipe for these bites was a bit misleading. After preparing the caramel, I had a friend taste it. The initial taste was sweet and yummy. However, the homemade caramel leaves a very gross aftertaste in your mouth. I decided to leave the caramel out this time. Instead, I just used pre-packaged caramel from the grocery store.
To give your delicious cheesecake bites the presentation they deserve, be sure to drizzle some caramel, crumble some pretzels and add a dash of sea salt on top! This will really wow your loved ones.
Be sure to share your creation with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
That int’ghsis just what I’ve been looking for. Thanks!