Looking for a classic recipe with a twist? Well you’ve come to the right place. In today’s recipe we’re making the BEST New York style cheesecake you’ll ever have. Now how does one make the best New York cheesecake? There’s a lot of key factors that play into it. You want to make sure your cream cheese has completely soften before adding it to the mix. You also want to make sure your sour cream and eggs are at room temperature before using them. This will ensure a complete blend of ingredients and no clumps. Your result will be an irresistible creamy cheesecake. We added some lemon juice for the “twist” factor.
This turned out to be the richest and creamiest cheesecake I’ve ever made, so this recipe will definitely have your guests impressed. This cheesecake recipe is easy to follow and you don’t have to be a baking pro to master it. Heck, your kitchen may become the next Cheesecake Factory. So let’s jump right into this New York cheesecake recipe.
For the crust
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 2 sleeves of graham cracker
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the filling
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 pint sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, 2 egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of grated lemon
- Preheat your oven to 325°F and grease your circular pan.
- For the crust, pulverize your graham crackers, making them crumbs.
- In a large bowl mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, salt, and butter. Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan, making an even layer for the crust. Set aside.
- For the filling, beat your cream cheese and sour cream using a hand mixer or a stand mixer. You want to make sure your cream cheese and sour cream have been given enough time to soften and become room temperature, which allows for a smooth filling.
- Once the cream cheese and sour cream are completely blended, add the rest of your ingredients to the bowl: the sugar, flour vanilla, eggs, lemon juice, grated lemon and heavy cream. Scrape the sides of the bowl periodically to ensure everything is completely blended. The key to the best New York cheesecake is making sure the filling is completely smooth and blended, which allows for an even cook and a delectable bite.
- Spread the filling on to the crust. Bake in the oven for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. The center should be able to jiggle.
- Once cooked, put the pan into the freezer for 2-4 hours. Cut to serve and store in the refrigerator.