Looking for a classic recipe with a twist? Well in today’s recipe we’re making soft and chewy sugar cookie bars. There are only a few simple steps to take to make the perfect sugar cookie dough. In this recipe I will be sharing some tips to help ensure your cookie bars turn out soft and chewy. You want to make sure you whip the butter, making it fluffy, before adding other ingredients. This will make sure the cookie bars turn out light and fluffy. Make sure your using room temperature butter and eggs for a soft sugar cookie. These sugar cookie bars turned out just like the fluffy sugar cookies with a finely whipped frosting you can get from the store, but these are warm, gooey and homemade, (and much better).
This sugar cookie recipe takes a plain and simple dessert to the next level. They’re perfect for your kids’ birthday party or for a family reunion, because this dessert will please anyone! Everyone knows how to make sugar cookies but this recipe isn’t just the normal, boring cookie. We added sprinkles to the batter to make it a funfetti cookie bar filled with color and delight, and made a pretty and pink frosting for the top. (Oh, and we added more sprinkles to the top because the more sprinkles the better). So let’s jump right into this delicious sugar cookie recipe!
Below is a printable copy of this recipe to make your life easier!
For the cookie batter
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg & 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rainbow sprinkles
For the frosting
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line your pan with tin foil. Then coat with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, whip your butter for about 2 minutes using a hand mixer or stand mixer. This will help make your sugar cookies soft and chewy.
- Add your sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract to the butter. Mix until fully combined and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk your dry ingredients: flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until the batter is thick like cookie dough.
- Gently add your sprinkles to the batter. You can either fold the sprinkles in with a spatula, or if you’re using a stand mixer, you can gradually add them in, making sure the stand mixer is on a low speed setting.
- Spread your batter evenly in your pan and bake for 25 minutes. 25 minutes is a good cap to bake them for to ensure they’re soft and chewy.
- While your bars are baking, you can prepare the frosting. In a large bowl, combine your butter, confectioner’s sugar, heavy cream and vanilla. Whip the frosting with a stand mixer or hand mixer for about 5 minutes. The longer you mix the frosting, the lighter and fluffier it will be. However, don’t over mix the frosting.
- Allow your sheet of sugar cookie bars to cool. Then evenly spread your frosting on the bars. Add extra sprinkles as a topping.
Cut your bars into squares and you’re done! Enjoy!
gain instagram followers
I just could not depart your site prior to suggesting
that I really enjoyed the usual information an individual provide
in your guests? Is gonna be back steadily in order
to inspect new posts
translation and transcription services
I was recommended this website by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this post is written by
him as no one else know such detailed about my difficulty.
You are incredible! Thanks!
There is no link to print the recipe.
You can drag the picture onto your desktop and print from there!