Yes, you read the title right and we could not be more excited to announce that Red Wine Brownies and White Wine Ice Cream is now a thing. We collaborated with WithMyWine and created an epic sundae fit for wine lovers. WithMyWine is a site that reviews popular wine flavors and provides food pairing feedback. If you are a wine connoisseur, WithMyWine is the spot for you.
In today’s recipe we show you how to make red wine brownies and white wine ice cream to create the ultimate ice cream sundae. This adult-friendly combination makes for an epic ice cream sundae that won’t give you a hangover. It’s time to treat yourself to some boozy beverage flavored desserts. So crack open that bottle of wine. Pour yourself a glass, but don’t forget to save some for the recipe.
Red Wine Brownies
What you need:
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×9 square pan.
2. Mix together sugar, oil and vanilla in a medium bowl. Incorporate the eggs and add in the unsweetened cocoa powder, flour, salt and baking powder.
3. For the fun part, add your wine into the brownie mixture. Beat with a hand mixer until fully incorporated.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool before serving.
White Wine Ice Cream
What you need:
- 1/2 cup white wine (we used Balance Chenin Blanc)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a large bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream with a hand mixer until it becomes stiff. Set aside.
2. Mix the wine, sweetened condensed milk, salt and vanilla in another large bowl or stand mixer. Fold the heavy whipping cream into the wine mixture.
3. Pour the ice cream mixture into a bread pan and put in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
Don’t forget to construct your sundae when you’re finished!
Leave a Reply