In today’s recipe, I’m going to teach you how to make homemade ice cream, but this is not the average homemade ice cream recipe. What’s the twist you may ask? Well, we are dying the ice cream and swirling it together to create Homemade Galaxy Ice Cream. It sounds like a hard recipe to execute, but let me share a secret with you, it’s not.
This homemade ice cream turned out so silky and smooth, and much better than your typical store brand ice cream. This homemade ice cream recipe looks a lot cooler too. You only need three main ingredients to create this homemade vanilla ice cream. Another plus to this recipe is that it doesn’t require anything you don’t already have in your house. A lot of homemade ice cream recipes require a homemade ice cream maker, but lucky for you, you only need a hand or stand mixer, bread pan, and a freezer. You can easily add different extracts to the recipe like peppermint extract or chocolate extract to create different flavors, like a homemade chocolate ice cream. Without further ado, let me teach you how to make homemade ice cream!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (8 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- Gel food coloring, we used navy blue, purple, gray, and pink
- Crystal sprinkles, we used gray crystal sprinkles
- Beat the heavy whipping cream using a hand mixer or stand mixer. Beat on medium speed until it reaches a soft peak stage. It should be fluffy.
- Fold in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Continue mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Equally, divide the homemade ice cream mix into four bowls. Each bowl will be a designated color.
- Add around three drops of a food coloring to one of the bowls containing the ice cream batter and mix until it has reached the desired color. Repeat this step until all four bowls are different colors.
- In a bread pan, add the different color ice cream batters sporadically. Marble and swirl the colors together with a fork, creating a galaxy effect. Sprinkle the crystal sprinkles on top, if desired.
- Freeze for 5 hours, or until the ice cream has hardened. Lucky for you, you can make this homemade ice cream without an ice cream maker!
Here’s the printable recipe!