With Halloween right around the corner, celebrations and parties are about to begin. To throw the perfect Halloween bash, you need the perfect spooky treats.
The talented decorators at Three Brothers Bakery create custom Halloween cookies, cupcakes, cakes and petit fours, perfect for any ghoulish gathering. If you are looking for tips on how to create these sweets at home, Three Brothers Bakery can help.
The bakery shared its how-to tips and videos with us, showcasing a spooky spider cake come to life with just a few icing colors and a little imagination, and a gingerbread house transform into a Halloween house. Three Brothers Bakery created simple how-to videos with step-by-step instructions on how to create your own creepy crawly designs.
To follow along with the spider cake, visit:
- Begin with a standard store-bought or homemade sheet cake, and evenly ice the cake in a deep color, such as purple or navy, with the color darkening at the corners.
- Using a piping bag with a small tip, or a plastic bag with a small hole cut in the corner; create a spider web by icing a series of black diagonal lines stemming from one point.
- Connect these lines together with u-shaped lines, creating an interconnected web.
- On top of the web, begin creating the body of a spider by first drawing its top legs, with one on each side.
- Draw the bottom legs, with three on each side, giving the spider its eight legs.
- Create a large balloon shape for the body, with a small balloon shape for its head. For an extra detail, pipe two connecting red triangles onto the thorax of the spider.
- Pipe the spider’s eyes by giving it two small dots of white icing with smaller black dots in the center of each.
- The spider’s fangs can be created by piping two small, long triangles beneath the eyes.
- Finish off the cake with a few more details; adding a red border and a buzzing fly.
- A small fly can be created by piping six legs and balloon shape for the body, with small white wings included on the bug’s back.
Famous for its gingerbread, Three Brothers Bakery believes in taking advantage of the magic of gingerbread houses for events and holidays throughout the year, and Halloween is no exception. A classic gingerbread house can be redecorated to become a spooky haunted house or candy mansion.
For another detailed decorating video, click here:
These DIY Halloween treats are sure to be a big hit at your next party!