These gooey chocolate hot cookies are loaded with big gooey pieces of chocolate chips and marshmallow bits. They’re the perfect holiday and winter treat!
Cozy Hot Chocolate Cookies
Nothing beats sitting down with a cup of hot cocoa on a cold winter’s night.
Unless it s a chocolate cookie that tastes just like hot chocolate with a big gooely marshmallow and a chunk o melted dark chocolate under the marshmallow.
These hot cocoa marshmallow cookies are chewy and taste just like the perfect mug of warm chocolate.
We could not get enough of these hot cocoa cookies. They were rich and decadent. Perfect for the holidays!
Ingredients in Hot Chocolate Cookie Recipe
The Christmas hot cocoa cookies are baked with simple ingredients you likely have on hand throughout the year for baking.
- Unsalted butter
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- Light brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Dark chocolate
- Large marshmallows
How to Make Hot Chocolate Cookies
Here are the steps on how to make these cookies:
- Microwave the chocolate chips and butter for 30 seconds.
- Mix together the butter, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract, and eggs.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Place the mixing bowl into an ice bath and let it cool down for about two hours.
- Roll the cookie dough balls into balls and bake for about ten minutes.
- After 10 minutes have elapsed, carefully place a piece of dark chocolate into the middle of each cookie and top it off with half a marshmallow before serving.
- Remove the hot chocolate cookie from the oven and allow it to cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
When you take the cookies out of the oven, you will want to allow them to cool down for about ten more minutes before eating them. If you attempt to eat them immediately after taking them out of the oven, it is likely that you will suffer from severe burns to your tongue and mouth.
Can I prepare these cookies in advance?
Yes! It’s so nice because the holidays can be extremely hectic. You can keep these hot chocolate cookies stored in an airtight container at room temperature for about one week.
Alternatively, you may store the unbaked cookie dough in an airtight container and refrigerate it for up to five days, or freeze it for up to four months. So, bake only as many cookies as you desire and save any leftover dough to be baked later.
Can I Use Flavored Marshmallows?
You can substitute any type of marshmallow for the regular ones if you prefer. Chocolate or mint-flavored marshmallows will be delicious.
Some tips for making hot chocolate cookies:
- After melting the chocolate, allow it to cool for about 10 minutes before adding it to the egg-butter mixture. Doing so will prevent the eggs from scrambling when they come into contact with the warm chocolate.
- Chilling the dough will make it easier to form into mounds and bake.
- You can certainly experiment with different ingredients for the topping. For example, you might want to try adding some mint chips or crushed candy bars to the top of each one.
Leave a Reply