Many of you asked me about a nice chocolate frosting that goes perfect with banana cupcakes. I like the chocolate fudge frosting from the 125 best Cupcake recipes but that one can be a little too strong because of the cocoa powder.
Of course, you can cut down the amount of cocoa or simply just use a lighter cocoa powder for that recipe. However, you can also try out my chocolate frosting recipe?
Chocolate Frosting Recipe
Serving Size: 388g;
Calories per serving: 1874kcal;
Fat per serving: 119g.
What I like about my recipe is that it is not strong in taste and not too buttery either. However, it has just the right amount of sweetness with a twist of vanilla.
- 5 oz. (150 gram) unsalted soft butter;
- 7 oz. (200 gram) confectioners sugar;
- 1 oz. (30 gram) cocoa powder;
- 2 tbsp milk lukewarm (start out with only 1 tbsp and see/taste if it’s neccesary the last one too);
- 1 tsp vanilla.
How To Make The Chocolate Frosting
- First of all, whip the butter and cocoa together until smooth.
- Then, stir in vanilla and the powdered sugar.
- Slowly stream in milk until frosting reaches desired consistency.
- Scrape sides and whip again until light, fluffy and smooth, 1-2 minutes.
TIP: If the frosting looks a bit curdled, try to add a bit more confectioners sugar.
Finally, I hope this chocolate frosting recipe is loved by you as much as it is by my family. In either case, please let me know what you think about it in the comment section below.
Last but not least, for more easy and quick recipes of frostings, icings, and many others, please visit my recipe section. Also, give the next three a look! They are ready in no time and the tutorials are made for beginners.
- Frozen Buttercream Transfer: Read this Frozen Buttercream Transfer recipe and learn this simple method to decorate the top of a cake with whatever character!
- How to Make & Flavor Macarons: Want to impress your guests with delicious macarons? Read Linda’s recipe on Cake Journal and learn how to make and flavor macarons in an easy way!
- How To Make Royal Icing For Piping and Flooding: Do you need an easy way to decorate your cookies? Read this recipe and learn my secret of how to make Royal Icing for piping and flooding!