Cupcakes with poured fondant

I made a batch of vanilla cupcakes decorated with poured fondant. All the flowers are made with gum paste. I have painted the royal icing borders with edible gold lustre dust. I think look very sweet and Shabby Chic.

Comments

Hi Natascha

I simply cut out a smaller 5-petal flower and place it over the other flower. Place them in the flower veiner together and press. Then they will look like one flower. You can read more about the flowers in the: “How to make sugarcraft flower”.

I hope that was the answer you was looking for.

2. Anonymous says

Louise, these are such beautiful creations, thankyou for sharing your talent with us.
    I would love to know how you made the lighter center on the blue flower please? Did you paint it with white dust? Or have you diluted the colour with alcohol?
    Many thanks,
    Natasha

3. Ulla-Britt says

Hvor er de flotte Louise, jeg har det nu på samme måde som Janne, vil så gerne lave det så flot, men det skal vist ligge i ens gener. Smukt hvergang du røre ved noget 🙂

4. karen says

Oh, I wondered what you meant as I couldn’t find anything like these in there at all. Most of the books I have also have the poured fondant method in them.
    Peggy Porschen has some lovely stuff.

5. Kagekonen says

What a batch of gorgeous cupcakes. They look so delicat and pretty and matches the cake-tins very well.

Thank you Karen.

What I ment with Peggy Porchen was that I have used the directions on poured fondant from Peggy’s book:o)The flowers are my own touch.

7. karen says

These are gorgeous! But I didn’t see them in the Peggy Porschens Party Book…I must have the wrong one…which one is it?

8. jcann says

Beyond beautiful! Wonderful job. I love Peggy’s book too, she breaks down instructions so well.