We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Everyone has a different preference when it comes to vanilla cupcakes.
Some like them very soft and fluffy while others like them to be a little firm and dense.
It takes a bit of trial and error to finally find a recipe that YOU like.
Today, I am sharing the recipe for what I consider to be the best vanilla cupcakes ever!
These cupcakes are soft and fluffy with a strong vanilla flavor. They pair very well with buttercream icing or even chocolate frosting!
To make these cupcakes, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup salted butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp good quality vanilla extract OR 1 tbsp vanilla emulsion oil
- Buttercream icing or Chocolate frosting
– This recipe yields about 16 cupcakes.
– Don’t forget to sift the flour! That’s what makes the cupcakes so fluffy.
– I like to use salted butter to cut the sweetness of the cupcakes slightly but if you like, you can use unsalted butter.
– More than 2 tsp baking powder may seem like a lot but that’s what you need to use. Don’t change the quantities and don’t use baking soda.
These are the instructions:
In a mixing bowl, add flour and baking powder.
Whisk everything together.
In another mixing bowl, add the egg whites only.
Beat them until peaks form and mixture is very white, bubbly and fluffy.
In another mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until the mixture is pale and creamy.
Add the egg yolks and vanilla extract and mix again.
Add the dry flour mixture and milk alternately.
Be very careful NOT to over-mix!
Fold in the egg whites into the batter very gently.
This batter will be thick.
Pour this batter into cupcake liners.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
When the cupcakes have cooled down, frost them in buttercream icing on chocolate frosting.
And you are done!
Well, that’s all for today.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.
Happy caking everyone!