Littlest Pet Shop snail cake topper

Littlest Pet Shop snail cake topper

I made this cute Littlest Pet Shop snail cake topper yesterday and I will be using it to decorate my nieces birthday cake along with some flowers and leaves. I used one of my daughtes LPS snails to make it as close as possible like the original, only a lot bigger. I have used modeling paste for it and you can see more photos of the snail in the gallery.

Comments

1. vicki tran says

I love the snail, I am planning a LPS party for my daughter. Did you use chocolate clay to make the snail? Can you show me how please? Thank you.

2. Shirley says

Hi Louise,

Thank a lot:) I will try out this weekend.
    Hope i can do a nice birthday for my daughter next month.

Shirley: A nice firm cake gives you the best to work with. If a cake is to soft and very spongy it makes it hard to get the fondant all smooth and perfect on the cake. Yes cakes needs to be crumb coated with buttercream to seal in all crumbs and getting a very smooth surface for the fondant.

4. Shirley says

Hi,

That a lovely cake ๐Ÿ™‚
    what type of cake should i use if i want to cover w fondant? before put the fondant must cover the cake w butter cream first?
    hope to heard from you.

Cheer,
    shirley

Thank you so much ๐Ÿ™‚ I may add some text to the photos in the gallery with the LPS snail, only you will have to wait a bit for it.

Evan & Kelly: I used some pink lustre dust. I brushed it on two times on the day I made it and then the next day, made it even more shiny. I used a soft brush and really worked the lustre dust onto the shell.

aribian girl: yes you could eat it, only with the caution of a high sugar rush afterwards. There were a tooth pick in the body to hold the head and that would have to be removed first before eating.

Dhanya & jeannie & Denise: modeling paste=250gm fondant and 1 tsp. of tylo powder. It can be mixed wiht a little gumpaste to make it more flexible.

6. Denise says

WOW!!!!!!!! God bless you!!! How do you color modeling paste(do you start out with white chocolate paste (modeling chocolate)1st?)or is it fondant combined with gumpaste? thank you!!!!! for always sharing!!!

7. chellie cupcake says

I’m addicted to your creations!
    Just love ’em!
    The colours you put together are puuurrfect!
    It’s more that Adorable!

8. SugarSpunHun says

That is beautiful! My daughter who is a huge littlest pet shop fanatic-thought this was the real deal. Absolute perfection. So cute! I’m so inspired right now. xox

9. Awilda Guadalupe says

oh wow, that is great. my nieces would soooo love this for her cake. may be you should start selling some of your stuff, i would buy it.

10. becky says

Perfection, as always, Louise!!! What a gift you have, and how lucky we are that you’ve chosen to share it ๐Ÿ™‚ A million thanks!

11. Toni says

How adorable!!! You are just incredibly talented!! This little adorable creature would end up in my curio display—-no “escargot” for her!! As always, thank you so much!!

12. Theresa Helmly says

oh to cute!! i love it.. love your work.!! i don’t post much i’m kind of quiet and shy..lol.. but i am a hugh fan of yours.. your a great inspiration as so many others.. so many artist and such beautiful work.. once i get back on my feet i will be trying alot of your cake ideas if that is ok.. love ..love your work!!!

13. Helen says

i love the littlest pet shop.. i have a whole bunch of them… you have done them proud!! excellent job!!

14. Sugar Siren says

OMG the cute factor just went though the roof in here! You’ve really done a great job on this one Louise. One of my little ones is so into littlest pet shop at the moment. Fantastic photography one this one too might I add (so soft but compelling)

15. kelly says

OMG!!! I love – sooo cute!! How did you make the shell so shiny??
    Pleeeeaaaassseee can we have a tutorial!!