Valentine’s Day will be here before you know it and you’re either extremely excited for it or dreading it’s arrival.
Valentine’s Day can be a day filled with love and affection and delicious desserts. Or it can be a day where you scoff at all things gooey and lovey-dovey. Still, you will enjoy these exceptionally scrumptious cake pops. Cake pops are just like balls of super moist cake, covered in candy coatings. What’s not to like? Eat these cake pops with caution: They are addictive.
Half of a 9″ x 13″ cake
1/3 cup frosting
Candy coating in various colors
Optional: EZ Thin candy thinner (can be bought at Michael’s) or shortening or canola oil
1. Bake cake as recipe directs. Let cool.
2. Crumble cake into fine crumbs. Add frosting and stir until well combined.
3. Scoop out cake balls, you can use a ice cream scoop, roll into a ball. You can make different shapes by manipulating the “dough”.
4. Melt your candy coating in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds. Dip the lollipop stick half in an inch into the candy coating and then insert the stick into the cake ball.
5. Mix in whatever “thinner” you are using (1 tablespoon of it) into the candy coating. Dip cake pops into the coating and immediately decorate if desired.
Makes 12 cake pops. Enjoy!
So, whether you spend Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart or your best buds, or you spend valentines day hitting up the 50% off candy sales for your late night movie marathon, these fun and easy cake pops are the perfect addition to your Valentine’s Day festivities.
Leave a Reply