When it comes to breakfast food, some of us are real champions. We know what we want — something hearty, something sweet, something that will stick with us for a while. Cue the chocolate muffin.
Chocolate muffins are some of the most delicious options you can make for your family at breakfast. Most recipes take less than 45 minutes to make, including baking and cooling time.
- Ships frozen, CANNOT be cancelled after being processed.
Our Three Favorite Chocolate Muffin Recipes
Recipe 1 — Double Chocolate Muffins
Why have single chocolate muffins when you can go ahead and double the dose? If you’re not into adding nuts or fruit, this recipe is perfect for meeting your cravings.
Ingredients to Use:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated or raw sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease or line your muffin pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, cocoa, sugar, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the milk and melted butter.
- Now, add the oil in and mix.
- Next, whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredient into the bowl with the wet ingredients, and mix together for about 10 seconds only. The batter should be lumpy.
- Carefully fold one cup of chocolate chips into the mix with a rubber spatula.
- Now, put the mix into the muffin cups.
- Top the muffin batter with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Finally, bake muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for five minutes, then remove and let cool for another five before serving.
Recipe 2 — Raspberry Chocolate Muffins
One of the best flavor combinations is chocolate and raspberries. So, of course, we had to toss in a recipe for some amazing muffins combining these flavors.
- CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY: Half coated Belgium dark chocolate mixed with a raspberry shortbread cookie is a delightful snack &...
- SCOTTISH SHORTBREAD: Chocolate shortbread cookies are a delightful gift or sweet after dinner treat. Buttery cookies...
- CHOCOLATE SHORTBREAD COOKIES: Dipped in Belgium dark & milk chocolate, our chocolate shortbread cookies are made with...
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk or Half & Half
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate or semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease your muffin pans or put liners in.
- Combine flour, 3/4 cup chocolate chips, sugar, baking soda, and cocoa into large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine together milk, yogurt, egg, and vegetable oil, until fully combined and smooth.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet mix and stir together until completely blended.
- Pour mix into muffin tips or cups.
- Now, take the remaining chocolate chips and the raspberries and press them into the tops of the muffin batter in the cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool for about 10 minutes before serving or storing in airtight container.
Recipe 3 — Vegan Chocolate Muffins
Since muffins aren’t innately healthy, we did have to include at least one recipe that’s not quite so bad for you. The Healthy Vegan Chocolate Muffin is a great alternative. Each muffin is about 120 calories, which isn’t too bad for a muffin, really, especially considering that we’re talking chocolate here.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 whole bananas (mashed)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup raw sugar (optional)
- walnuts (optional)
- vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat your over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease your muffin pans or insert muffin cups.
- Put flour, cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt together. Use a whisk to combine them together.
- In a different bowl, cream together the banana, applesauce and sugar. If you want an extra sweet, dessert muffin, add in the optional 1/2 cup raw sugar to this mix.
- Add the zucchini, vanilla, and soymilk into the bowl with the banana mix. Stir together.
- If you want to use walnuts or chocolate chips, now is the time to mix these in.
- A quarter at a time, add the dry mix into the wet mix, stirring together until fully combined.
- Now, put the batter into the muffin pans or cups.
- Insert the muffins into the oven and bake for 18-25 minutes, or until a toothpick can be inserted and removed clean.
Let the Munching Begin
Now that you’ve chosen one of these amazing recipes to make this morning, get to baking! Your sweet tooth will thank you for the whole day. Or at least it will beg you for more.