Light chocolate cupcakes
If you want to keep it light while eating a great dessert, then you definitely want to try to make light chocolate cupcakes
- 1/4 cup (25 grams) dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) hot boiled water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) butter, room temperature
- Note: I never use unsalted butter whenever I bake but you can of course use unsalted butter if you prefere. Just add 1/4 tsp of salt to the recipe)
- 3/4 cup (130 grams) granulated white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup (200 grams) all purpose flour
- 12 cup muffin pan
- 12 cupcake paper cases
- Preheat oven to 375 F (180 C) Do not use the fan.
- Place the dark unsweetened cocoa powder in a small heat prof bowl. Add the milk and then the hot boiling water. Mix well and set aside until it has reached room temperature.
- In a bowl mix together flour and baking powder with a whisk and set aside.
- In another bowl cream butter, sugar and vanilla extract well, using your hand or kitchen mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time and mix well in between.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and sift in the flour mixture. While mixing in the flour, pour in the cocoa mixture. Mix until its all smooth.
- Fill the cupcake paper cases 3/4 full with the chocolate batter and bake the cupcakes in the middle of the oven for about 20 minutes. Remember to check with a cake tester/toothpick to see if the cupcakes are done.
- Transfer the cupcakes from the pan to a cooling rack and let them cool completely. Frost the cooled cupcakes with frosting of your choice.
I like to use a white meringue frosting on these cupcakes.
The cupcakes can be stored in a airtight container for up to two days, but are best fresh from the oven.
Leave a Reply