Your big day is approaching. You’ve decided that instead of a giant wedding cake, you’re going to serve wedding cupcakes instead. You can buy a tiered serving stand, and multiple trays to make the presentation perfect. But first, you need to decide what the cupcakes will look and taste like. Here’s a list of our favorite wedding cupcake ideas.
The Best Flavors for Wedding Cupcakes
The most popular beverage in the world is coffee. Why? Because it tastes great and is the perfect foundation for a variety of rich flavors, like hazelnut, vanilla bean, and caramel. So, why not use your favorite flavor for your wedding cupcakes?
If you’re having an autumn wedding, you could consider having pumpkin flavored cupcakes. Who doesn’t love a rich pumpkin spice treat? Pumpkin blends well with cream cheese frosting and buttercream frosting.
The classic carrot cake has got to be one of the best options out there. You can find a recipe with a little more spice than others, or go with a milder flavored batter that might blend better with other frosting flavor options than the usual cream cheese.
One of the freshest, brightest flavors is the lemon cupcake. You can toss in poppy seeds for an extra punch of sweetness, or serve with a simple vanilla frosting.
One of the most popular foods in our country, peanut butter makes for a rich flavor option for cupcakes.
Did you know that red velvet is actually just red-colored chocolate cake? There’s a legend that the cake came into existence because a shortage of cane sugar hit the south, and the women started using beet sugar for making cakes instead. The red color of the beets altered the shade of chocolate cake, and the Red Velvet Cake was born.
Another urban legend touts that red velvet cake was born out of one man’s desire to sell more food coloring.
Either way, the ever-popular red velvet cake is perfect for a wedding with a red or rainbow theme.
One of the more unusual flavors of cupcakes we’ve seen and loved is banana. If you love banana nut bread, you’ll likely love this rich, sweet dessert for your wedding. Top those cupcakes with buttercream frosting for the perfect blend of flavors.
The classic, the delightful, chocolate cake. This is, of course, one of the most commonly used flavors of all time. Simple, easy to make, and less expensive than some options, chocolate cupcakes are a great option to consider for your wedding.
Sometimes, a plain, vanilla cupcake is the best option. You can spice things up with the frosting, add food dye to the mix, to create the perfect shade of cake or any number of other tweaks. Besides, pretty much everyone loves vanilla cake. That makes these an easy to serve dessert on your big day.
Fun Tweaks for Your Wedding Cupcakes
A variety of fun tweaks can be done to make your cupcakes as divine as your dreams. From fun filling alternatives to unusual decorations, these tweaks will make your day all the more spectacular.
Delicious Fillings for Wedding Cupcakes
Instead of going with plain cupcakes, you could choose from a variety of delicious fillings. Try pairing these flavors together:
- Chocolate almond cake with raspberry mousse filling
- Coconut cake with key lime filling
- Orange thyme cake with citrus curd filling
- Crème de Menthe cake with chocolate fudge ganache filling
- Chocolate fudge Cake with coconut caramel fluff filling
- Pink champagne cake with rum-infused custard filling
- Vanilla lime cake with passion fruit curd filling
- Chocolate fudge cake with raspberry puree filling
- Vanilla rose cake with chocolate fudge filling
- Lemon lavender cake with vanilla bean filling
- Chocolate cake with a banana crème filling
- Banana cake with vanilla custard pudding
- Lemon cupcakes and cookies with raspberry buttercream
- Vegan carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting
Fun Décor Ideas for Wedding Cupcakes
If your heart is set on chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, you can still add some unique twists to your wedding cupcakes with unusual and fun decorative items.
- Place a single Hershey’s kiss atop each cupcake.
- Press a Ghirardelli chocolate square into the top of each cupcake.
- Position edible flowers, like violets and allium — Be sure to let your guests know that the flowers are safe for consumption.
- If you’re having a February wedding, you could place candy hearts on each cupcake.
- Try edible beads — These can be used to create designs that look like antique cameos or just scattered to make a lovely random pattern.
- Use flowers made of frosting — In case you don’t think your guests will feel like eating real flowers.
Wedding Cupcakes for Your Big Day
Your wedding is one of the most important days of your life, and having the perfect cupcakes for your guests is one of the most memorable parts of the day. Be sure to find the right flavor for you, and have some fun choosing unusual tweaks, like unexpected flavor combinations, or unique decoration ideas.
Last update on 2022-01-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API