When you can’t quite decide on one single flavor, this recipe is for you. What started as an accident, turned out to be a fantastic flavor combination for the perfect cupcake!
A subtle chocolate and mint cupcake, paired so well with a vanilla buttercream icing, offers up such a unique pairing you can enjoy anytime!
Chocolate Mint Cupcakes
Recipe for making chocolate mint cupcakes with vanilla frosting
- 1/2 Cup Butter, softened
- 1 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Peppermint Extract
- 1 1/4 Cups Flour
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 3/4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, and then add the vanilla and mint extracts and mix well.
- Add a third of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until incorporated.
- Add half of the milk and mix well.
- Add another third of the flour, mix, and then add the remaining milk.
- Add the remaining flour and continue beating until well mixed.
- Using a ¼ measuring cup, divide the batter equally among 12 cupcake wells.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until golden. Set aside to cool before icing.
Basic Buttercream Icing
- 1 C Butter
- 6-7 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- Beat the butter and 1 cup of the powdered sugar. Add the extract and milk and continue beating. Continue to add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.