When you can’t quite decide on one single flavor, this recipe is for you. What started as an accident, turned out to be a fantastic flavor combination for the perfect cupcake!
A subtle chocolate and mint cupcake, paired so well with a vanilla buttercream icing, offers up such a unique pairing you can enjoy anytime!
Chocolate Mint Cupcakes
Recipe for making chocolate mint cupcakes with vanilla frosting
- 1/2 Cup Butter, softened
- 1 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Peppermint Extract
- 1 1/4 Cups Flour
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 3/4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, and then add the vanilla and mint extracts and mix well.
- Add a third of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until incorporated.
- Add half of the milk and mix well.
- Add another third of the flour, mix, and then add the remaining milk.
- Add the remaining flour and continue beating until well mixed.
- Using a ¼ measuring cup, divide the batter equally among 12 cupcake wells.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until golden. Set aside to cool before icing.
Basic Buttercream Icing
- 1 C Butter
- 6-7 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- Beat the butter and 1 cup of the powdered sugar. Add the extract and milk and continue beating. Continue to add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
Wonderful!! Gonna make it for my children n friends
These sound delicious! I have been looking for a good mint choc recipe. Do you think this could be made as a single cake as is or would the recipe require tweaking?