This gluten free, egg free, dairy free vanilla cake recipe will surprise your guests. This cake is so light and moist. This cake can be made soy free and nut free as well by insuring your ingredients do not contain nuts or soy. This is a very simple recipe to make. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Vegan Vanilla Cake
- 1 1/2 cups sorghum flour
- 1 1/2 cups tapioca flour
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup rice milk (or coconut milk, soy milk, or almond milk)
- 2 cups warm water
- 6 Tablespoon canola oil (or coconut oil)
- 2 Tablespoon pure vanilla
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat your oven to 375F (191C). Measure the non-dairy milk into a liquid measuring cup & add vinegar (set aside for now).
- Whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Add all liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix with electric mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- Fill the greased cake pans.
- Bake the cake for 30-35 minutes. The cake is ready it will be light brown on top and spring back when you press it lightly.
This recipe will make two 9 inch cakes, or 9x 13 cake, or 24 cupcakes.