We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Lemon Vanilla Cupcakes
Learn how to make lemon vanilla cupcakes for any birthday or holiday occassion.
- 1/2 cup (120 grams) butter, room temperature
- Note: I do not use unsalted butter, whenever I bake. but you can of course use unsalted butter if you prefere. (Just add 1/4 tsp of salt to the recipe)
- 3/4 cup (135 grams) white granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- Seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- Zest from 1 large lemon
- 1 1/2 cup (200 grams) all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk or cream, room temperature
- 12 cup muffin pan
- 12 cupcake paper cases
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C) Do not use the fan.
- In a bowl, mix together flour and baking powder with a whisk and set aside.
- Cream the following: butter, white sugar, eggs, vanilla seeds and the lemon zest. Using your hand or kitchen mixer. Cream until well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl when needed.
- Sift in half of the flour mixture and mix just until combined. Then add the milk and give the batter a quick mix before adding the last part of the flour mixture. Give the batter a final mix until it is smooth.
- Fill the cupcake paper cases 3/4 full with the lemon vanilla batter and bake the cupcakes in the middel of the oven for about 20-25 minutes. Remember to check with a cake tester/toothpick to see if the cupcakes are done.
- Transfer the cupcakes from the pan to a cooling rack and let them cool completely before frosting.
They are best freshly baked but can be stored in a air tight container for two days.