Peanut butter and chocolate are a classic duo. Peanut butter is a bit salty and savory, while the chocolate is extremely sweet. The contrasting flavors pair well together and make for amazing desserts!
This recipe only requires 5 ingredients! Plus, it’s perfect for a summer’s day, when you don’t want to turn the oven on!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
2 cups of graham crackers, finely crushed
2 sticks (1 cup) of butter, melted
1 1/4 cup of creamy peanut butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 bag of milk chocolate chips
As long as no one has a peanut allergy, this recipe is great to bring to parties. Chocolate and peanut butter is a crowd favorite. The bars give off the appearance that you slaved over the stove all day to make them, but in reality, this dessert is as easy as they come!
Tip: It’s really important that you chill the first layer, the peanut butter graham cracker layer, before adding the chocolate so there is an obvious separate between the two layers. Chill for at least 15 minutes.
1. Combine the crushed graham crackers, powdered sugar, melted butter, and 1 cup of peanut butter in a large bowl.
2. Place that mixture into an aluminum foil lined 9×9 pan. Smooth and place in fridge.
3. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring occasionally. Add the 1/4 cup peanut butter and melt until smooth.
4. Spread the chocolate mixture over the chilled peanut butter mixture.
5. Refrigerate for 3 hours at least, then cut into bars.
Be aware that chilling the bars is really important because the peanut butter layer is very sticky when room temperature.
The recipe is very easy to follow and the outcome is very delicious. My trusty taste testers said the bars are very peanut butter-y, but still smooth and chocolatey. The crushed graham crackers add texture to the creamy peanut butter mixture and the crunch is very satisfying.
I give the recipe a 7/10! It’s perfectly acceptable to share with friends and family, but can be a bit messy and hard to manage at times.
Want to see more 5 ingredient baking tutorials?
Share your creations with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram @CakeJournal.