Whether you’re creating a caramel frosting dip for a cookie bar at your ice cream social, or frosting an enticing chocolate cake, you’ll want to check out our list of top caramel frosting recipes.
Easy Caramel Frosting
Try this easy recipe from Genius Kitchen.
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- In a saucepan, mix together the milk, butter, brown sugar, and salt.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- After it reaches boiling, remove from heat and let cool/
- Once the mix is cool, stir in the vanilla, until thoroughly blended.
- Now, add in the powdered sugar, a few tablespoons at a time.
- Finally, beat until smooth and creamy, and then spread on your cupcakes or cake.
Caramel Marshmallow Cream Frosting
This extra gooey frosting from Tablespoon is ideal for pumpkin cakes, coffee cream cupcakes, or carrot cake.
- 3 cups softened butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons caramel coffee creamer
- 14 ounces marshmallow cream
- With a stand mixer, cream the butter until it’s fluffy and smooth.
- Next, beat in the powdered sugar, about 1/2 cup at a time.
- Now, add in the coffee creamer, and mix until smooth.
- Next, fold in the marshmallow cream, until thoroughly incorporated into the frosting.
- Spread on any cake or cupcake, and enjoy.
In a stand mixer, cream butter until soft and fluffy. Slowly beat in confectioners’ sugar, about 1/2 cup at a time. Add 1 tablespoon coffee creamer, mixing until smooth.
Gently fold the marshmallow creme into frosting until thoroughly incorporated. Spoon all but 1 1/2 cups of frosting into two large icing bags. Add cocoa powder and remaining two tablespoons of coffee creamer to the bowl and beat until smooth.
- Pack of six, 15 ounce (Total of 90 ounce)
- Coffee's perfect mate
- Dairy - Free, Lactose - Free, Cholestrol - Free, Non - Dairy
Cream Cheese Caramel Frosting
This delectable, rich frosting from Just a Pinch is perfect for cupcakes or anything banana flavored.
- 2 pounds powdered sugar
- 1 pound room temperature cream cheese
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 1 cup thick caramel ice cream topping
- 2 teaspoons caramel syrup
- Combine all of the ingredients into a large bowl, and beat on low speed until completely blended and creamy.
- Add in a little milk if the frosting is too thick for spreading easily. Do this one tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Spread onto your cake or cupcakes, and refrigerate any leftovers.
- OLD FASHIONED CRAFT QUALITY – Tara’s caramels are kettle cooked in small batches from a century old recipe....
- SIMPLE, PREMIUM NATURAL INGREDIENTS – We use real butter, fresh heavy cream, and Madagascar vanilla. No high fructose...
- NATURALLY RICH CARAMEL FLAVOR – Tara’s handmade gourmet caramels have the homemade taste and color you can only get...
Salted Vanilla Caramel Icing
This delicious, creamy frosting from King Arthur Flour is perfect for chocolate cake, vanilla cupcakes, or red velvet cake.
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup caramel, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanillla extract
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup meringue powder (optional, for stability)
- 2 to 4 tablespoons milk or cream, as needed
- Over low heat, melt the chopped caramels and the heavy cream in a small saucepan. Stir until smooth.
- Set aside the caramel mix to cool to lukewarm temperatures.
- In your stand mixer bowl, put butter, confectioner’s sugar, vanilla extract, sea salt, and meringue powder. Beat on low speed for about one minute. The mixture will still be very lumpy.
- Now, add in the cooled caramel mix to the mixing bowl. Beat together on low speed for about one minute to fully incorporate it into the mix.
- If the mix is thick, add in milk, one tablespoon at a time to reach blend-able consistency.
- Now, raise the speed on the mixer to high, and beat for about five minutes. Chunks of caramel will still appear at first, but as you beat the frosting, these will melt and blend into the mix.
- Frost your cakes, cupcakes, cookies, brownies, or ice cream cake. Drizzle with additional caramel syrup, and sprinkle with a little bit extra sea salt for an added touch.
- Store any extra icing in the fridge for up to one week.
- Ghirardelli Caramel Premium Sauce
- 2 - 16 oz convenient squeeze bottles
- Ghirardelli's Caramel Sauce offers a wonderfully rich, caramel flavor
Caramel Nut Frosting
This nutty recipe from Wikihow will do the trick for nut lovers everywhere.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- In a saucepan, add together the butter, milk, and brown sugar.
- Over medium heat, bring the mix to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cook until the sugar is dissolved.
- Turn off the heat, and allow the mixture to cool.
- Now, add in the powdered sugar, and blend until the frosting is spreading consistency.
- Add in the vanilla and chopped nuts, and blend completely.
- Spread on your cake and enjoy.
Creamy, Caramel Delight
If you’re looking for inspiration beyond chocolate, think about frosting a banana cake, carrot cake, cranberry spice cake, or peanut butter cake with one of these delectable caramel frostings.
Last update on 2022-06-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API