We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
With many allergies now a days, or wanting a nice treat that can feed a vegetarian, I often get asked to make an eggless and dairy-less dessert. This recipe is very simple and versatile.
Anyone can enjoy this simple vegan vanilla cupcake recipe. Give it a try! This recipe will make 18 cupcakes.
Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes
Just because you are a vegan does not mean you do not deserve to eat cupcakes.
This recipe is perfect for any vegan because it is both egg and dairy free.
- 1 1/2 tbsp. apple vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups of almond milk (or rice milk)
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tins with 18 paper liners.
- Pour almond milk (or rice milk) in a measuring cup and add the apple vinegar. Set aside to let it curdle for a couple of minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and whisk all together. Place bowl aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the warmed coconut oil, almond milk/ apple cider mixture and vanilla extract. Then add it to the dry ingredients and beat batter until fluffy.
- Evenly spoon batter into 18 cupcake liners.