I’m really excited to share this homemade dog treat recipe with you today! I decided that it was time to finally make some puppy treats for some worthy dogs! Today we are making homemade peanut butter dog treats. These easy DIY dog treats are so yummy that even you can eat them (if you wanted to). After making the healthy homemade dog treats, I delivered them to some deserving dogs at a local foster home for the PA Boxer Rescue organization. They thoroughly enjoyed them (so they are in fact dog proof). These treats happen to be vegan too!
I had a great time making these and an even better time giving them to foster home dogs. They were so excited and I’ll always remember the experience. Above is the tutorial for the dog treats, but if you watch until the end of the video we filmed our experience at the foster home. It was a very heart-warming experience and it was wonderful to meet people in the community who are so selfless and passionate about what they do. Thank you PA Boxer Rescue for letting us come and share our treats with your puppies. We will definitely be back with treats again some time soon!
What you need
3 cups of old-fashioned oats
1/3 cup peanut butter (we use our favorite HomePlate Peanut Butter)
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Blend all ingredients using a hand mixer or stand mixer until fully incorporated.
- Lightly flour a surface and roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Using a cookie cutter of your choice, cut out your puppy treats and place them on the baking sheet. You can fit a lot on one pan since the won’t expand when baking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool before serving to your pups. Store in room temperature.
Thank you again PA Boxer Rescue for letting us share our treats with your pups!