Go bananas with this monkey bread recipe! Today I’m going to teach you how to make monkey bread, but with a twist, you won’t be able to resist. This easy monkey bread recipe will satisfy your sweet tooth craving in a way you never have before. Pillsbury money bread is definitely a go-to at my house but I wanted to put a spin on the classic cinnamon monkey bread. This recipe for monkey bread is not your average run-of-the-mill dessert. This chocolate, cream cheese stuffed monkey bread will have your mouth watering. . The cream cheese in the center of the monkey bread adds a satisfying surprise. We’re taking a popular flavor, cookies and cream, and meshing it with this dessert, creating: Cookies and Cream Monkey Bread.
This pull-apart and stuffed monkey bread is a great dessert when you’re looking for a creative recipe. We made this monkey bread with biscuits to eliminate the dough making process. Of course, you can make homemade monkey bread dough. Check out these tips the next time you are making your own dough. It will add a nice touch to the recipe and you can say you made monkey bread from scratch!
For the monkey bread:
- 24 (3 cans) Pillsbury Grands!™ Biscuits
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 2 packages (4.2 oz. each) Instant Oreo Jell-o Pudding
- 1 package (12 oz.) white chocolate chips
- 1 package (12 oz.) milk chocolate chips
- 1 package Oreos, crushed
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
For the icing:
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 3 tbsp. milk
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and spray your bundt pan with baking spray. Then sprinkle the crushed Oreos in the bottom of the pan.
- Cut the biscuits into halves. Then cut your cream cheese into small cubes.
- Take your biscuit dough and flatten it with your hands. Then put a cream cheese cube and a couple chocolate chips in the center. Pinch the biscuit corners together and roll the biscuit dough into a ball. Repeat this until all of your biscuits are rolled into balls. You can alternate using white chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips in the middle of the ball.
- Once all of your biscuits are rolled into balls, mix the dry pudding mix with about half of the crushed Oreos. Then completely melt the butter.
- Set up an assembly line of your butter, pudding/Oreo mix, and your bundt pan. Dip the biscuit ball into the butter, then roll it into the pudding/Oreo mix, then place it into the bundt pan. Repeat this step until all of the biscuits are coated and in the bundt pan. Then sprinkle some chocolate chips and Oreo crumbs on top of the biscuit balls.
- Bake the monkey bread for 30 minutes.
- While the monkey bread is baking, you can start working on the cream cheese icing. Combine all of the ingredients with a hand mixer or stand mixer. You can gradually add more milk if the icing is looking too thick.
- Once the monkey bread is finished baking, let it cool for about 15-20 minutes then, using a large serving platter, flip the bundt pan over and slowly remove the pan.
- Cut the tip of a ziplock bag and scoop the icing into it. Ice the bundt cake starting from the center of the monkey bread and bring it towards to bottom and outskirts of the cake. Decorate the cake until it is up to your liking.
Print the downloadable recipe!
Let us know if you try these out! Send your finished products to email@example.com to be featured on our Facebook Page!