Let the Force Awaken with These Star Wars Themed Cupcakes
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, Star Wars themed desserts were all the rage. Now, Star Wars is back to rule the galaxy and what better way to celebrate than with sweets! Get inspired by these adorable themed recipes and may the force be with your cupcakes! And May the 4th be with you during this season!
Princess Leia Cupcakes
These Princess Leia cupcakes are super easy and crazy delicious! (No gold bikini needed)
Image Source: paintbrushesandpopsicles.com
Golden Butter cake mix or homemade cake recipe
White buttercream frosting
Red food coloring
1. Make cake as recipe directs. Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line cupcake tin with liners. Spoon cake batter into cupcake liners (about halfway through) and bake for 18-20 minutes. Then, let then cool.
2. Frost cupcake generously with white frosting.
3. Create Leia’s hair with black icing and a thin writing tip. Create a middle part. Add eyes.
4. Add one drop of red food coloring to the white frosting to make lips and apply to the cupcake.
5. Use a bit of icing to add Oreos to the side of the cupcake liner for Leia’s buns. Add black icing down the center of each Oreo to get rid of the white line from the cream center.
“Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuur Ahhhhhhhhhrrrrrrrr Aaaaaarhg…” – Chewbacca
Image Source: artscrackers.com
Cupcake mix (I suggest chocolate)
White cake frosting
Gel food coloring (brown and golden brown coloring)
White cake decorating gel
1. Cook and cool cupcakes as directed. Split the frosting into two sections to make your two different colors. Put dark brown in one and make the other a golden yellow and brown mixture. Stir frosting until they are well combined with the coloring.
2. Put frosting in piping bags. Use a larger star tip for the brown and a smaller star tip for the golden brown.
3. Add a layer of the brown frosting to the top of the cupcake. Fill in the cupcake with long, fur like strokes until the cupcake is completely covered.
4. Go in with the golden brown frosting and do the same as the brown frosting but leave a little brown frosting showing.
5. Add brown around the face for some dark features. Add the candy eyes and an upside down chocolate chip for a nose.
6. Add an oval shaped mouth in white frosting and then make “teeth” like shapes with a toothpick.
7. Make any final touches. Serve and Enjoy!
With you, may the force be.
Image Source: artscrackers.com
1. Bake the cupcakes in green liners and let cool completely.
2. Melt the green chocolate according to the directions on package. Dip Bugles into chocolate, covering the outside completely. Place on wax paper and let cool and harden.
3. Reserve a small amount of white frosting for the eyes and then color the rest of the frosting green with a little yellow to get a Yoda color.
4. Add a layer of green frosting to the tops of the cupcakes. It should look wrinkly like Yoda. (use a picture for reference)
5. Use the white frosting and make eyes. It should like a white football. Place the eye candies in the center of the “whites” of the eyes. You can add green gel around the pupil of the candy to give Yoda his green eyes.
6. Apply green frosting to the Bugles and add to the cupcake.
Beware: These stormtrooper cupcakes are going to knock your socks off! They’re simple and incredibly adorable!
Image Source: www.yummymummyclub.ca
Box of white cake mix
Container of white icing
White cupcake liners
Black food pen (can be found on Amazon)
1. Bake cupcakes in white liners and let cool. Then frost with white icing.
2. Draw on marshmallows with a pen. Draw a black horizontal line across the top of the marshmallows. Then draw two upside down triangles from the line to make eyes. Make an upside down “V” to make the nose. Draw three diagonal lines on each side to make the mask breathing parts.
3. Attach the marshmallow with a bit of icing on the bottom. Enjoy!