Needle-felt cupcake pillows

Just wanted to show you some sweet non-edible crafts that I have made. Two sweet needle-felt cupcake pillows. Next to cake decorating, needle-felting is another favourite craft of mine.

I have embellished the cupcakes with different sorts of beads and used some pink and green cotton yarn for the buttonhole stiches. The two small cupcake pillows will get a special place in my basket chair.

Comments

1. Carmen Quinquilla says

As always I love your page….!! I live in Puerto Rico and there is a lot of humidity here….Last week, I baked red velvet cupcakes and the recipe called for a cream cheese frosting. It was a mixture of cream cheese, sugar and butter, but it came out very soft. I have to put them in my room with air conditioning. Do you have a good recipe for frosting? Thanks again….

Gaw. You are amazing! I wanna be your friend, just so there’s a chance, some of that talent and creativity might rub off on me! 😉 Love coming to your site! Happy unpacking!

Thank you for the comments. Needle felting is so much fun and very relaxing to. I can only recomend you to try it out if youre into the kind of crafting.

imera: Yes they are a little bigger than a needle pillow 🙂 The “green” one is a little longer than the pink one. I am thinking of making one in large size.

I appreciate you sharing this. I always wonder about the ‘other’ creativity that is hiding behind so many blogs! How can creatives stick with just one medium -right?!

5. Lauri P. says

These are Really Cute! You did a GREAT Job!! I hope you will share more with us! Thank you!!

6. Rosa says

Since felt food is my passion, you know that I’m ALL over this, right!:)
    Very sweet, love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Emine says

They are so Cute!!! How did you do that? You would make us very happy with a tutorail 😉

hugs
    Emine
    the Netherlands

Created one of my felt cupcakes inspired by your lovely blue decorated cupcake. Now I see you’re into felting yourself :))) I’m not that patient to do needle felting though 😉

Love,

G.

9. Penny says

I’ve never done needle felting. Wow, it looks very interesting. This looks like such a fun project! Thanks for sharing.

10. Aunt Sharon's Sweets says

Louise, I LOVE these pillows! Once I open a bakery, would you be willing to sell a few so I can use them in a display?

Louise, I love these!! I’ve always wanted to do needle felting and even bought all the “stuff” to do it. It’s sitting in my craft room ready to go. You’ve inspired me! I love that you made cupcakes! How appropriate. Thanks for sharing. You are soooo talented!

12. Karyn Patching says

Hi Louise,
    hahahah that was very funny when I first looked at your creations today because I really thought they were made out of icing – I was thinking to myself ‘wow, how does she do it’ hahahah good job though. Love hearing from you regularly
    Karyn