Scandinavian Cake Show part 1

I will be at the Scandinavian Cake Show this weekend in Sweden. My friend Camilla is going with me and I think that we will have a fun weekend with great friends, cakes and shopping for cake tools.

I have signed up for the novelty cake competition and I am already sweating over my dummie cakes. The fondant is teasing and I see late nights ahead of me. I have made some skecthes because I still have not decided how to decorate one of the tiers but I try to keep it simple and sweet.  I hope that I will have time to post a few snippets tomorrow to reveal a little bit of what I am making:-)

So until then I will go back to the kitchen and continue with my cake.

Happy Caking

Tandoori: For dummie cakes I simply use those you buy at the cake decorating store. You can make them yourself by cutting them from large pieces of styrofoam and then use fine sandpaper to smoothe the surface. BUT it is a mess!!! I then brush the dummie with Tylo glue and then fondant.

Linda: Such a shame:-( because it would have been so fun to meet you too:-))

For the rest of you thank you so much for the support:-) No matter what, I am sure that it will be great fun. I now just need to rest after the last two days.

2. Cake Bunny says

Louise, I am sure that whatever you create will be wonderful and amazing! No pressure ;o) Good luck sweetie!
    Cake Bunny

3. Soo Chee says

Good luck to you. I am sure you will take home a lot of ideas too. Look forward to see your goodies from the website.

4. Maria says

Good Luck Louise! I know it will be one of the best if not the very best! We look forward to seeing your entry…

5. marielba says

Hello Louise, I´m so glad for you because you will have the chance to show all your skills and good taste, good luck and let us heard good news about you, hugs from Venezuela

6. Rita says

From seeing your work, I’d say you’re gonna knock the socks off of your competition! Best of luck and have a grand time at the show!

7. nenu says

I wish you the best of luck!!!:) I know you’re going to do great and I can’t wait to see how the cake came out. I also wanted to make a dummie cake, I hope you can help me with some advice once you’re back. Good luck!!!

Very much looking forward to seeing your creations!!! I know you won’t disappoint us! (how’s that for putting some pressure on??)

Oh, good luck with the cake Louise, and I hope you´ll have a really great time! I wish I could go there to, would be so fun too meet you, but oh well, not this year…

Looking forward to see pics on your cake!

Good Luck, Louise and keep us posted!
    I would love to hear what you have to share on making dummie cakes, what is the difference etc. I was thinking of making one but had no idea do you use frosting on top of the dummie cake ( under the fondant) etc.