Looking for a super fast dessert recipe? Well you’ve come to the right place because today at CakeJournal we’re making a 3 ingredient recipe that is so good, you’ll have your friends getting seconds, and most likely thirds. This recipe is so simple yet so delicious I couldn’t even believe it when I bit into the little ball of chocolate. This recipe is perfect if you have a lot of people to bake for. And who doesn’t love Oreos (and chocolate).
In today’s recipe we teach you how to make Oreo truffles. It’s super cheap because you only need to buy 3 ingredients. This is a super easy dessert to make that will please all your friends. Once you try them out, you’ll be making them all the time. They’re customizable because you can choose what kind of chocolate to dip them in and what toppings to sprinkle on top. You can be super creative even though the recipe can be made by your 5 year old. These are definitely the best Oreo dessert I’ve ever made, so let’s jump right into it!
What you need:
1 package Oreos
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
1 package (8 oz.) white chocolate chips
1 package (8 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Using a food processor, crush your Oreos. Add the Oreos gradually to the food processor until the cookies turn into fine crumbs.
- Add your package of cream cheese to the food processor. Mix until fully blended.
- Roll your mixture into 2 inch balls. Put them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Put them in the freezer for 1 hour to allow the balls to harden.
- Melt you white chocolate, then dip your Oreo balls in the chocolate. Place the Oreo ball back on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Once all of your balls are coated with white chocolate, melt your dark chocolate chips. With a spoon, drizzle the chocolate over the truffles. (You can be creative with this step and put crushed Oreos or any other topping of your choice on top of them).
- Put them in the freezer for about another 15-30 minutes until the chocolate has fully harden. Store them in the fridge before serving and enjoy!