Fruity cupcakes that look delicious, are easy to make, and will satisfy your sweet tooth!
Who doesn’t love a nice refreshing dessert? Sometimes instead of super rich and sweet desserts, it’s nice to have something a bit lighter and more healthy. Fruity cupcakes are right up your alley, if you are looking for an alternative to those Triple Chocolate cupcakes sitting in your cabinet.
Lemon Curd Cupcakes
Cupcakes for anyone who loves anything lemony-fresh!
Image Source: recipesnobs.com
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 to 4 tablespoons milk
1. Lemon Curd: In a saucepan, cook and stir the sugar, lemon juice and butter until smooth. Stir a bit of the mixture into the egg and return it all to the pan. Bring to a gentle boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the lemon peel. Cool for ten minutes and then transfer to a bowl to cool for 1-2 hours.
2. Cream butter and sugar until lightly fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and then beat in vanilla and lemon peel.
3. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Fill paper-lined muffin cups. Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or resealable plastic bag; insert a small round pastry tip. Fill bag with lemon curd. Insert tip 1 inch into center of each cupcake and fill with curd just until top of cupcake begins to crack.
5. For frosting: In a small mixing bowl, combine the butter, vanilla, salt, confectioners’ sugar and milk and combine until spreadable. Frost cupcakes. Garnish with lemon zest and lemon slice if desired.
Full recipe here: recipesnobs.com
You’ll find this recipe very ap-peel-ing!
Image Source: blissfullydelicious.com
- 2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup shredded coconut
1.Pre-heat oven to 350F. Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add sugar and beat for a few minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time while continue to beat and add the vanilla. The mixture will be silky smooth – add banana and beat lightly.
3. Mix in the flour and buttermilk alternatively, beginning and ending with the flour.
4. Fill into cupcake pans and bake them for about 18 minutes.
Full recipe here: blissfullydelicious.com
Blueberry Vanilla Cupcakes
A fun twist on a classic cupcake recipe!
Image Source: piazzerei.com
- 1 box of french vanilla cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 cup all purpose flour
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 pints blueberries
1. Combine cake mix, eggs, water, oil, sweetened condensed milk, and flour in a mixer.
2. Fold in blueberries.
3. Fill liners and bake at 325F for 20 minutes.
4. For Frosting: Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, mixing well between each addition. Add in vanilla extract and heavy cream. Beat well. Add in remaining blueberries to frosting and mix well.
5. Frost the cupcakes.
Full recipe here: pizzazzerie.com
So much flavor and cuteness packed into a tiny treat!
Image Source: sayitwithsprinkles.com
- 1 3/4 all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup packed sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs + 2 egg whites
- 1 1/1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- sweetened or unsweetened shredded coconut or coconut flakes for topping
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- about 2-3 cups confectioner’s sugar
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Grind sweetened coconut shreds in a coffee grinder or food processor until finely ground, and stir into flour mixture.
2. Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Gradually beat in the whole eggs, egg whites, and vanilla. Add flour mixture, alternating with additions of coconut milk until everything is combined.
3. Divide batter evenly among lined cups. Remove from oven and turn out onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
4. For frosting: Cream together the butter and coconut butter. Slowly add in the dash of salt and confectioner’s sugar by the spoonful. Add in the vanilla extract and coconut extract. Beat frosting until smooth, adding more confectioner’s sugar if the frosting is too thin, and more vanilla extract, coconut extract, or splash of milk of choice if it’s too thick.
5. Frost cupcakes.
Full recipe here: sayitwithsprinkles.com
It may be wintertime but you can still pretend you’re on a tropical island with this lime infused recipe!
Image Source: whisk-kid.com
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup mayo or sour cream
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2.Combine salt, baking powder and flour.
3. Cream the butter and sugar, then add the mayo and mix until well combined. Add egg whites and vanilla and beat until well combined. Now add the 1/4 cup of the milk and about half of the flour mixture and mix until combined. Add the remaining milk and then the remaining flour mixture.
4. Bake for 15-18 minutes.
Full recipe here: whisk-kid.com
Enjoy these delicious fruit cupcakes anytime of the year! Happy baking!