These days, “monster cookies” are all the rage among kids, and it’s easy to see why. These cookies are delicious and are loaded with sugar. However, there is certainly no harm in having one (or two or three) every once in a while. Let’s learn more about this monster cookie recipe.
If your kids come to you asking for monster cookies, and you want to make them happy, you’ll be glad to have this monster cookie recipe on-hand.
First things first, though, if you’re not familiar with monster cookies, know that these are cookies made with oats, M&M’s, and chocolate chips. Many people also add peanut butter.
While this may sound like a recipe for a sugar coma, it’s also a recipe that will delight your kids. So, without further ado, here’s a foolproof and fully delicious monster cookie recipe.
What You’ll Need For Monster Cookies
Before you cook anything, it’s always a good idea to gather your ingredients together.
If you have enough measuring utensils, you may want to go ahead and pre-measure your ingredients as well. Then, making the cookies is as simple as dumping cups into a bowl.
This is an especially helpful tip if you’re going to be making cookies with the “help” of your child or children. Having everything measured and ready to go will make the preparation process a lot easier for little hands.
With that said, here’s what you’ll need for this simple monster cookie recipe:
- 3 eggs
- 4.5 cups of oatmeal
- 1 and 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- One and half teaspoon vanilla extract
- One and half cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup M&M’s
- 1 jar peanut butter
- 1 stick of butter
Once you’ve got all your ingredients together, it’s time to start baking.
Making Your Scrumptious Monster Cookies
Give the Monster Cookie Recipe a Healthy Twist by Adding Raisins
It should be extremely obvious that these cookies aren’t exactly what anyone would call health food.
Sure, the oats they contain are good for you, but all that sugar and butter definitely aren’t. However, every little bit of healthfulness helps, so if you’d like to make these cookies just a touch more nutritious, consider adding in some raisins.
Usually, about a fourth of a cup, added to the mixture before baking, will do the trick. However, some kids love spreading these cookies with peanut butter and then pressing raisins into the peanut butter. If you don’t mind the extra messiness (and the extra sugar), this can actually be a fun way to let kids “decorate” their cookies.
You can take or leave this option, but some people really love their monster cookies with raisins. The choice is yours.
Try Making a Monster Cookie Recipe Sandwich
If you’re ready to throw all caution to the wind and to toss aside any semblance of “healthfulness,” then let your kids (or maybe even yourself) enjoy a monster cookie sandwich. To make this happen, all you need are the cookies and a nice jar of frosting. Of course, if you’re feeling particularly adventurous, you could make the frosting yourself.
Either way, spread a layer of frosting between two cookies, and you’ll have a sugar-tastic treat everyone will love. You could also sub the frosting for ice cream if you want a nice summer treat. As you can see, monster cookies are lots of fun. Everyone loves cookies! Plus, we all deserve to kick back and “pig out” now and then.
- DURABLE, RELIABLE BAKEWARE: The nonstick cookie pans’ heavy-duty construction meets even busy baking demands, resists...
- BAKEWARE SET INCLUDES: 9-Inch x 13-Inch cookie sheet, 10-Inch x 15-Inch cookie sheet and 11-Inch x 17-Inch cookie sheet
- HIGH HEAT BAKING PANS: All three cookie sheets are oven safe to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, the perfect temperature for most...
- BAKING SHEET - Bake with ease: Prepare your favorite desserts and staple dishes the convenient way with our kitchen...
- COOKIE SHEET - Made to last for longer: Crafted with 0.5mm carbon steel with non-stick grey coating, our baking sheet...
- BAKING SHEETS - Designed to delight you: Bake delectable cakes and pastries with added confidence by choosing our baking...
Last update on 2021-04-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API