This Ferrero rocher cake is prepared with three chocolate hazelnut cake layers, topped and iced with hazelnut buttercream, and topped with chocolate ganache and Ferrero rocher chocolates. It’s also ideal for Ferrero Rocher fans. Furthermore, this cake is built with three layers of velvety chocolate hazelnut cake, making it ideal for any event or gathering. It’s topped with Ferrero Rocher candy!
Ingredients for Ferrero Rocher Cake
For the cake:
- 3 cups Flour
- ½ cup Cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 2 cups Granulated sugar
- 3 Eggs
- ½ cup Vegetable oil
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 cup Coffee hot
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ½ cup Nutella
- ½ cup Hazelnuts chopped
- 440 g Butter
- 2 ¾ cups Powdered sugar
- ⅔ cup Cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 130 g Nutella
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ cup Heavy cream
For the chocolate ganache:
- 100 g Dark chocolate or semisweet
- 100 g Heavy cream
- 8 Ferrero rocher candy
Instructions for Ferrero Rocher Cake
For the cake
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Fahrenheit (350 degrees Fahrenheit) and line three 8-inch baking pans with baking parchment.
- Then, combine the eggs, oil, kosher salt, Nutella, vanilla extract, sugar, and buttermilk in a large mixing bowl. Mix until well blended.
- After, sift in the cocoa powder and stir in the hazelnuts. Mix until well blended.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Mix in the hot coffee until barely blended and no obvious lumps of flour remain.
- Divide the mixture among three 8-inch baking pans; for even baking, use cake strips. Bake for 25-30 minutes in a preheated oven or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before frosting to prevent the icing from melting off the cake.
Make the Nutella buttercream
- First, add room-temperature butter to a large mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer or stand mixer until the butter is light and fluffy.
- Second, mix in half of the powder sugar and cocoa powder until well blended.
- Then, mix in the remaining half of the powdered sugar until smooth.
- Also, mix in the Nutella until everything is completely blended and smooth.
Make the chocolate ganache
- In a small to medium mixing bowl, microwave the dark chocolate and heavy cream for about 50 seconds.
- Allow 10 minutes for the chocolate and cream to melt before mixing until the chocolate ganache is silky smooth.
For the chocolate whipped cream
- In a large cool mixing basin, combine the heavy whipping cream, cocoa powder, sugar, and vanilla.
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks form, using a hand or stand mixer. Kindly make sure not to overmix the whipped cream, or it will turn into butter.
Assembly for Ferrero Rocher Cake
- Pipe a small dab of frosting onto the area to be frosted. Place the first cake layer on top of the icing dot.
- Spread a uniform layer of buttercream on top of the first cake layer with a spatula. Do again with the second cake layer, then top with the third.
- Frost the cake with a very light coating of buttercream and throw it in the freezer for 15 minutes to harden. (This is known as the crumb coat)
- Take the cake from the freezer and frost it with extra frosting (save some for the dollops) before placing it back in the freezer for another 10 minutes to harden.
- Pour the chocolate ganache over the cake. With a spatula, gently push the ganache around the borders of the cake.
- Dollop the chocolate whipped cream along the cake’s edges. A 1M piping tip was used.
- Refrigerate each dollop of frosting after topping it with a Ferrero Rocher candy.
Its Ferrero Rocher cake will undoubtedly make your family delighted with its delicious taste, and this chocolate brand is quite famous! Have you ever had a Ferrero rocher cake? Kindly share your experience with us!