We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Whether it’s your daughter who loves My Little Pony, or big, burly Brony that you like, finding perfect, My Little Pony Cakes is a must-do for this year’s calendar of celebrations.
My Little Pony has been around since 1983 when the first My Little Pony toy came to the market. An entire line of toys was launched a year later.
Between the inception of My Pretty Pony, the original behind the My Little Pony toy idea, and now, there have been three animated television shows and a few films.
The current, popular series, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, regained popularity for the line. It was lost during the nineties when Hasbro discontinued the toys.
My Little Pony Cakes: A Basic Recipe
This simple but classy My Little Pony Cake you can bake up for someone’s special day comes from Kidspot.
- 4.4 ounces softened butter
- 1 double sponge cake, unfilled
- 1/2 cup jam — raspberry, strawberry, cherry — anything the honoree loves
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 18 ounces ready-prepared fondant icing
- 4 cups icing mixture, sifted
- pink food coloring
- blue food coloring
- yellow food coloring
- 3 My Little Pony figures
- Using a serrated knife, cut across the top of each cake, making them perfectly flat
- Spread the jam on top of one layer of the cake, leaving a little room around the edges.
- Put the second layer on top of the jam.
- Use a mixer to beat together the butter until it gets fluffy.
- Add in the icing mixture, a half cup at a time.
- Now, whisk in the vanilla and milk, until the icing is fluffy.
- Layer on a thin, rough coating of the frosting on the outside of the whole cake.
- Put the cake in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Divide the ready-made fondant icing into five portions.
- Use the food colorings to tint each of the five icings: blue, pink, light green, yellow, and purple.
- Dust some icing mixture onto your work surface, and roll some of the fondants out thinly. Cut out six strips of each color, making them about an inch longer than each side of the cake.
- Use the rest of the icing to cut out hearts, stars, flowers, and other shapes you’d like to accent your My Little Pony cakes with.
- Take the cake out of the fridge and frost it with the rest of the buttercream frosting. Make it smooth this time.
- Now, place the strips on the cake. Use a sharp pair of kitchen scissors to trim any excess frosting off.
- Put the stars, flowers, and hearts on the stripes, and toss a few on top of the cake as well.
- Finally, place your three favorite My Little Pony figures on top of the cake.
Other My Little Pony Cakes You Can Make
If you have a particular flavor in mind for your cake, you can always substitute the above recipe for that one. Or, if you’re not sure which flavor to choose, here’s a list of some amazingly delicious options.
- Caramel cream
- Mocha cream
- Double chocolate
- Banana cream
- Orange crème
- Lemon poppy seed
- Vanilla custard
- Coconut Lime
- Coconut chocolate
- Raspberry custard
- Mint chocolate swirl
- Mint chocolate chip
- Salted caramel
- Raspberry coconut
- Raspberry Lime
- Cherry Almond
- Cherry vanilla
- Vanilla bean
- Caramel coffee
Frosting flavors to consider could include any of these favorites:
- Whipped vanilla
- Peanut butter
- Vanilla Fudge
- Piña colada
- Blueberry cream
- Orange Vanilla
- Marshmallow fluff
My Little Pony Cakes: Other Decoration Ideas
You can always make other styles of My Little Pony cakes.
One option is to make the cake into the shape of My Little Pony. There are various instructions online for this more elegant option.
There are also My Little Pony cakes form pans for those of us without so much time or talent.
However, you can make My Little Pony Castle Cake. Use layers of cake of different sizes to off-set and create the shape, leaving different platform levels. Place multiple My Little Pony figures on and around the castle, and top the whole thing with a fondant rainbow arch.
Additionally, you can read our 3-part tutorial post on how to make a castle cake.
You can also bake a simple cake and decorate it with edible icing sheets. They are very decorative and incredibly easy to apply on the cake.
Or, if you’re exceptionally talented or at least brave enough to try, you could make a standing My Little Pony Cakes figure.
Not only that but you could also make a scene from one of the birthday girl’s favorite episodes. Provided that you might have to get a little creative in finding the supplies. But if you pull it off, she’ll never forget it.
In addition, you can take the simple approach and make a multi-tiered cake and top with a single My Little Pony figure.
Color each layer a different shade, and cascade a wall of flowers down one side for a truly unique and less complicated My Little Pony cake that’s Instagram worthy.
Last update on 2021-07-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API