I think when serving cupcakes or mini cakes, they look so much better when served on a cake stand. So I have made a tutorial that will show you how to make a cupcake cake stand. When you have all the materials ready it is very easy and quick to make. You can adapt it to the color or pattern on your cakes. I have used thick gift wrap paper to cover the cake boards. If you like you can place a 6″ cake on the top tier. I would not recommend placing any larger cake on top.
A 5 TIER CAKE STAND CAN HOLD ABOUT 51 REGULAR CUPCAKES.
This is what I have used:
- cake circles set HIGH QUALITY, STRONG AND SAFE- made out of high quality corrugated cardboard, our white cake circles...
- cake circles variety pack MULTIPLE USES- Our 12 inch cake Circle are not just good for cakes only.While it provides...
- cake rounds assorted SPECIAL BONUS PACKAGE- a set of circles each of the following sizes: 6,7 8" 9" 10" 12" 14" round...
1×8″, 1×10″, 1×12″
Note: If you want two more tiers on the stand, you will need 1×14″ + 1×16″ cake boards.
- Shape: Round
- Size: 6" Round X 2" High
- Materials: Solid Styrofoam. Slight imperfections are considered normal and can be fixed with icing
Each 2″ high in the sizes: 2X6″ and 2×7″ (If you can get 4″ high Styrofoam cake dummies, then you will only need 1 in each size)
Note: You will need 2×8″ 2×9″ Styrofoam cake dummies for two more tiers.
Satin ribbon, enough for both cake boards and the Styrofoam cake dummies
Glue stick or double sided tape
Strong double sided carpet tape
A pair of scissors
Take the satin ribbon, and fasten it on the cake dummies with a metal pin. Then wrap it tightly all the way around the cake dummies.
- 3/8 inch(3 8 ribbon or 10mm thick ribbon) solid grosgrain cloth fabric ribbon for crafts are perfect for crafting,...
- All the colors are cute and vibrant. Use with tulle rolls and crochet headbands to match every outfit. Each ribbon is...
- Ribbon by the roll. 5 yd ribbon spools. Includes: black ribbon, brown, cream, thin white ribbon, purple, light orchid (...
Note: you can also glue the ribbon on the cake dummies if you like, just use a glue stick.
Now it is time to assemble the cake stand. Use strong double sided carpet tape so that the cake dummies stays in place on the cake boards. Note: Remember when you have assembled the cake stand with cakes on it, not to move it around too much.
IMPORTANT!! If you are having problems finding the materials to make this cake stand. Then please take your time and read through the comment section as you may be able to find links and answers on where you can buy the materials.
You can also cover your boards for the cake stand with rolled fondant.
Please visit my tutorial section if you want to learn cake and cupcake decoration techniques so you can make fantastic creations to put on your cake stand.